Thursday, October 1, 2015

District "Lehi"... Elder Waidmann's MTC District
Hello All… “Saca Fet”,

I am alive and am doing oh so well! I give all the credit to God, Jesus and the Spirit! I am in love with the Dominican Republic (DR) in the Missionary Training Center (MTC) ! I will be here for 6 weeks before I leave for Puerto Rico. Its so beautiful here! We arrived safely a week ago. After we left the airport we walked outside to this old beater astro van that was purple with flames on the side. It was hilarious.  We rode in this van to the MTC, which was the scariest ride of my life. The guy driving was so chill and we like shot the gap between two semi trucks and almost got in a few other wrecks

I love my mission so much! The spirit is seriously so strong here! I have had my down moments, but the good ones far outweigh the bad moments! I’ve been able to draw so much closer to my Savior and I’m so happy with my life! We seriously get NO time to think about ourselves… which I love! My companion and I are working as hard as we can and we are doing our best to lose ourselves in the work.  My companions name is Elder Hortin.  He is super cool, smart and we work really well together.  The Haitian Elders here never cease to brighten my day. They are constantly smiling and laughing.  We say their Creole/French sayings to them and they love us,  hence the saying “Saca Fet”! Which means “what’s up”. Its awesome.
Elder Waidmann and his companion
On Tuesday, the other missionaries will be heading out to their missions, so there will be 8 of us here.  Then, the next day we will get like about 17 or so missionaries So I’m excited! So far, only me and my comp and a Sister missionary are going to Puerto Rico. The MTC president and his wife are so awesome! All the teachers are Domican and I love them all! Classes at the MTC are 13 hours a day, so it’s very busy. My Spanish is progressing. I can feel the gift of tongues working in that I can understand much of what a native says! Its a real blessing.

Elder Waidmann and President and Sister Romney
The food is pretty good! Lunch and dinner are usually always authentic, but lunch is my favorite because we get two types of meat, two kinds of rice and beans. We mix it all up and its divine.

I am seriously in love with my mission, am so happy and grateful to be here, its been hard but its been so good! Watch a video on youtube called MISSIONARY WORK AND THE ATONEMENT.  (Watch it below). We watched it the other night and there was not a dry eye in the room. 

 I’m so grateful por El EVANGELIO DE JESU CRISTO! The other day I looked down and I wrote in my cuaderno HIS NAME IS ON MY HEART. I’m so blessed to not just serve Him, but serve with Him by my side and on my heart. I am eternally grateful for this gospel! I love you all! I met with the president the other day and he asked why I am here. The spirit was so strong. I said that I am here to serve others and give them the hope that there is hope in this life and in the next to come... so they can be happy.  That is why I am here. I love my mission with all of my heart! 

I love you all!

Love,

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment