Monday, November 23, 2015

"I am grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ"


At the wedding!
Dearest loved ones!

How are we all doing? I love you all thank you for all the love and support! It seriously helps so much! So wow what a week! Okay so we had a zone conference and we got to watch a LDS Christmas video that hasn’t been released and wow it is so powerful. It comes out on November 29th so check out lds.org or mormon.org on that date! PR celebrates Thanksgiving and I am so grateful for that.  We got invited to our neighbors house and he is so awesome. He is Boricuan but has lived in New York forever so he has a sweet New York accent … you would love it Brandon. The other elders in our apartment had 2 baptisms on Saturday! It is a couple and they got married on Friday so they could be baptized! At the wedding I ate what I was told was roast beef by another elder, but really turned out being turkey liver.
Before baptism
Haha. The trick was on me!
Baptismal Font Selfie

At the baptism
I know this work is real and true, I know it. The spirit is so real and powerful enough to soften any heart! I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost to testify and lead and guide us in this work! I love being out on the street and talking to people on the streets here in PR. We visited a husband and wife on Sunday who were pretty old and they are both really sick. We gave them Priesthood blessings and wow it was powerful. After we gave a blessing to the husband he said wow that was so spiritual and comforting that I was falling asleep. Ha! When we were leaving he said a prayer and in it he said how grateful he was for us that when we come we fill the whole house with the spirit of the Lord and how we bring so much hope. That really touched my heart and helped me to have a desire to talk to every person we could in PR. I am so grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ. It is a calling like no other! Our investigator came to church and she loved it! She was answering questions in class and she described church as interesting and cute.  It was funny. Her husband thinks we are crazy and that he thinks we should be spending time at college and with girlfriends. I had a prompting and I said in my best gringo Spanish that finding girls and doing those things are not important to me right now. We are here because God loves all his children and we know this message is true and have a desire to share it with you. Anyway, she is progressing and the Lord has prepared her so well, she is awesome and we hope she will be baptized next month!  My favorite lesson was with her this week and then after she makes her awesome Cuban food. Its great!
 
Hitchhiking because we were almost late! First time in my life! 
We have a family with baptism dates for the 26th so we are praying they will progress. We are going to see the painter lady this week as well. I am excited! I know that missionary work is real, it is so powerful, its the hardest work, you get no breaks but wow its indescribable how amazing it is. Try to put others before yourself this week and I promise you will be so much happier! I Love reading in the Book of Mormon! Read 2 Nephi4:15-35. So amazing how the prophet was just like us and have problems but through God we can overcome anything! Love you all! Stay positive and be grateful for what you have.

Peace and love from Puerto Rico,

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment