Monday, November 30, 2015

"Seeing people change their lives... is just the best thing there is in world"


Hello All!

Thank you for all you guys do for me! Wow so this week was amazing. We had an appointment with our investigator and her family.  It went so well and she is progressing so much and she is so excited to be baptized. She made us a full on thanksgiving meal and she came to church again and loved it! It makes my companion and I so happy to see her life change and see how the Lord's hand is truly in this work. She asked if she could see where she would be baptized in the church and she loves to read the Book Of Mormon on her own.  It is really incredible. She sent us a text that just made me love this work even more and it helped me to understand how important it is for us missionaries to be dispersed all over the world. In the text she said “Thank you so much elders for bringing the word of God to me and to my home. God bless you both.” That simple text means everything to me. This work is so real. And I Know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is real.

We had an “intercombio” (where we exchange companions for a day) so I went out with another Elder in my area and we went to an area called El Paraiso, or the paradise.  It seemed like a totally different mission.  It was in the mountains and was so beautiful.


I’m so grateful to be here on a mission, it is hard, but seeing people change their lives and follow our Savior, Jesus Christ just is the best thing there is in this world. Check out a video about Christ’s birth at christmas.mormon.org and find out why there is a need of a Savior. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he set the path for us to follow. He is the light and life of this world. As we follow his invitation to follow him, we will never be lost in this Life. Life is hard but through the Plan of Salvation we know the purpose of this life.  We can have peace and joy knowing that we can be with our families for eternity and live with God again. This holiday season remember our elder brother Jesus Christ. Think about his sacrifice, he is the gift to the world. What else more do we need? You are all in my prayers! May God bless you all for all the good you do!


Love, Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment