Monday, December 7, 2015

"Miracles of God"

Hello All!
Studying away
Reflecting back on this week makes me see how much God's hand is in this work. I am eternally grateful for the Son of God, Jesus Christ. We have had the opportunity to share the “Ha Nacido Un Salvador” video many times this week. It is so powerful every time because the words and the simple truths pierce the soul. I have never felt the spirit so much and I feel it the most right now when I reflect and write back home. The Lord prepares people to receive our message.

This week my companion and I went to visit people. The first person wasn’t there and the other two backups weren’t either. We said a prayer to help us know what to do and as soon as we closed the prayer a man drives up in a car. I look at him and I recognized him from when I went on an intercombio last week in el Paraiso. We talked to him and we went into this house he was at. The house turned out to be his sisters house. We taught her son in law first about the restoration and then later a ton of people keep on walking in the house. The owner and her daughter walked in and wow it was amazing. The mother of the house has been searching and searching for a true church. She gave up searching because all the ones she went to she found all had flaws in doctrine and all they wanted was her money. We taught her about the restoration and needless to say the spirit helped us out so much in the lesson. She and her daughter have a baptism date for Dec 26th. If I wouldn’t have met this man a week before, if our appointments didn’t fall through, if Elder Fox wouldn’t have said a prayer, I know we wouldn’t have found them. I have come to see how God is in total control of this work and that everything happens for a reason. There are NO coincidences.

Walking to the library to email
Ah the mission is full of miracles its amazing. Our other lady investigator is still progressing and is so excited to be baptized this Saturday the 12th! She bore her testimony in class on Sunday and it was so powerful and how she even says that God put us in that place to find her husband so that she could find this truth and happiness in her life. She said she loves the scriptures and when she is upset or mad or things aren’t going well she goes and reads the scriptures because she feels so much peace and happiness when she reads. I know that is true. I am so thankful for this sweet lady and her example. She has shared the gospel with 2 of her friends already! The sisters had a baptism on Saturday of a guy who has been investigating for a long time and these sisters have helped him to get over his addiction of 45 years of smoking. It was such a blessing to see him change. How could God not be in this work?

I know this church is true. All of Christ's teachings have been restored. He is at the head of this church. We have a living prophet. We know where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I am so grateful for the life and the atonement of Jesus Christ, so that the Plan of Salvation would work. I am grateful for the knowledge that I can be with my family for eternity. They mean everything to me.  Families are ordained of God and are so important to him. Love your families, be happy, share the good word of God, and endure to the End. Come unto Christ and follow Him. Thank you for all you guys do for me. You are all in my constant prayers.

Love from Puerto Rico where its hot humid and sunny in December,

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment