Monday, December 21, 2015

"Look to Him, trust Him, follow Him, and be like Him."

Buenas!

Merry Christmas almost! I love you all and am always praying for you guys. This week was filled with the ups and downs. The beginning of the week was really hard as nobody wanted to listen to us and we weren't successful. I was trying to figure out why, and I have come to know how much humility we need to have. I have also seen  how much I need Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in my life. This week has been really humbling. I am constantly learning so much here.

Puerto Rico always has a new surprise for me everyday. They are crazy about Christmas here. The other night we were walking home and all of the sudden a bunch of cops showed up and started controlling traffic. Then a few school busses and ambulances were coming down the street with lights and sirens.  We thought there was an accident, but then we realized that it was Santa on top of a truck throwing candy! it was hilarious.

Ponce, Puerto Rico is crazy. When we were on the way to an appointment and my companion stopped and said “Lets contact here for 20 min”.  The second house we went to we met with a family and we are going to visit them this Saturday. They are so awesome and committed to read the Book of Mormon.  Yesterday we were contacting and the first people we met with was another family.  We are so grateful for the miracles that God has given us these last few days. This family is awesome and they have been searching for a true church.  They are coming to church this next Sunday and we are so happy that they can learn truth and feel happiness peace and joy in this life.

I have been able to bear my testimony a lot this week. Especially in this time of year I have been able to ponder so much on my Savior and my testimony of Him grows daily. I am forever grateful for Him, His life and for His sacrifice for us. I love Him so much. I am so grateful for this gospel. I testify that God lives and knows us all by our name and by our personal circumstances. Jesus is the Christ the very son of God. I feel His presence everyday here in the mission. Life is hard at times, but we can always take faith in knowing that someone has been where we are, Our brother Jesus Christ. Look to Him, trust Him, follow Him, and be like Him.  If you things you will be happier than you have ever been in your life! I love you all so much!


Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment