Monday, November 9, 2015

"I am here in Puerto Rico!"

Hello All!
Blake and his mission President and his wife, President and Sister Boucher

How are you guys doing? Thank you for all your love and support. You are all awesome! I am here in Puerto Rico! My companions name is Elder Fox and he is from Salt Lake City! He is an awesome missionary and a great teacher. We work really hard which I love! We have a lot of investigators like around 10, but the problem is when you go back for the return appointment they are never there. I never thought that would be true before my mission, but wow its almost consistent with every investigator. But we have faith that we will find those who are prepared to receive and live the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!

I love how simple our invitation is. Just read and pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true. After you pray and ponder with real intent then God will bless you with an answer! It is so simple! I can testify will all my heart that it is true. I know it. If we know the Book of Mormon is true then we know that it contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I challenge everyone to read and sincerely pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true. You can request one on mormon.org or find missionaries and they would love to give you one. You can even read it online at lds.org!


Our ward is Ponce 2nd ward. We live in a neighborhood called Jardines de Fagot. Our area is really big, but we are in a branch. We only have about 30 active members! We are working so hard. I’m trying to lose myself in the work! I know missionary work is real and I love doing it. It is honestly the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but the joy of bringing others unto Christ is priceless. My Spanish is alright and some people have a hard time understanding me because my gingo accent mixed with a dominican accent so its hard. Some people here speak so fast… it is really impressive.  People will say something fast and my mind gives up and I just say “como”?  Then they just talk to my companion because his spanish is really good he has been here for a year! I love you all and you are all in my prayers! Keep your heads up!

Peace and Love,

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment