Monday, June 13, 2016

"La Verdad

Goodbye to Elder Hervias
Goodbye to Elder Morris
Me and my companion, Elder Reyes
La Casa
Me and Vicente
Hello Everyone!
Wow! This has to have been one of the fastest weeks of my mission. It was a week of pure Joy and hard work. The work here in Juncos is progressing and we are so grateful for all the Lord’s help. It is starting to get a little toasty here in Puerto Rico and it is my first summer here.  The sun has no mercy, but if you want to be a representative of Jesus Christ…you have got to do hard things. I have been able to feel so close to my Savior this week and I have been pondering about how He lived His life. Every single day of His ministry He was out finding, inviting, healing, and doing only good things, but yet He suffered more than anyone has or every will for us.  He set the perfect example. As missionaries doors are slammed in our faces, people throw things at us, swear at us and it is hard. But I have been able to feel so much comfort that someone greater than me, went through the same things, but still never complained because He loved us. I know that Jesus is the Christ, find Him and you will see and feel His love.

We had a lesson this week that was one of the most spiritual driven lessons I have been in. We had an investigator who felt he should stay in his church, but was still ok with seeing us.  We told him of our love for him and respected his decision and invited him to keep praying. On Saturday we saw him and he shared what he learned. The Spirit took over the lesson and I can’t remember too much of what we said, but he started to talk about his experience in our church and his skin stood up and he looked at his arm and smiled and kept on talking. I knew that Vicente had received his answer, and he looked backed down at his arm, smiled and shook his head and he said I know its true. I know he  feeling the promptings of the Holy Ghost. It was such a powerful moment and brings me to tears telling it.  He has expressed his interest in being baptized. I love the message of goodness and of God’s love that the gospel gives. I know God lives and He loves each of us.

Love,
Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment