Monday, July 25, 2016

"Back to Work!"

Hello Everyone!

Well as you have all been informed, I was really sick last week… but thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers, I got better quickly and I was able to get out of the house and go to work! I am so happy!

The week has started out so wonderfully. Yesterday was church and wow… it was such a beautiful day. My companion was able to find a new investigator when he did intercambios  (exchanges) with different Elders this week when I was sick. The new investigator’s name is Carmen. She is so awesome and she impressed me when I met her. She has an open mind and a sincere desire and she told me when I was getting to know her she is trying to find the find the true church! Also Delia, Vicente’s girlfriend came too! It was so wonderful. It was the fist time she has gone to another church for years. In Gospel Principles class she said, “I have never felt the Spirit like this. Here it is so different and I feel the Spirit so strong.”  Later Vicente also testified of the truthfulness of the Gospel in the class, they both have noticed the difference in their relationship as they have lived the Gospel. They are so happy and you can see it glow from them.

Carmen had a wonderful experience in the church and cried because she desired that her family could also be at church to experience the joy she had been feeling! Later on, Vicente gave me his Book of Mormon and he had written his testimony in the front cover. It said I know God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith and that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. Later, during the third hour of church, we were talking about a talk from general conference called “I Believe”. We were talking about how the word “believe” can mean a lot of things depending on how we use it, but we were talking about how it means in a sense a knowing of something. Then Vicente, shared his testimony and said aloud this time I know God and His Son Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith, that the Book of Mormon is true and that this is the true church! The power of his testimony was amazing. I am humbled to be a servant of God as a full time missionary, and to be able to see and feel the love God has for His children. I love these people. I am so grateful for the hard times and the good times. It really is God helping us become more like his Son, Jesus Christ, and through being like him and following him, we will be able return to our Father in Heaven

 3 Nephi 9:14-15 - In the Book of Mormon
14)Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.
15) Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.

Love you all!

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment