Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Endure

The last few weeks we have been working a lot with a family of four. They are not married and smoke. So they now have a new wedding date for the 11th of March and they have a baptismal date for the 18th of March. We just started yesterday with the smoking program that we have as missionaries use to help them stop and they are doing super well.  It was such a joy to see them come to church and participate in the classes!

Also we are teaching another individual.  He is a super humble guy but he LOVES to analyze and question everything. At the end of the lessons it always comes down to, "Will you pray to ask God to know if these things are true? Because he's the only one that can tell if it is true." It was like 20 minutes into Sacrament Meeting and I was thinking, “c’mon, you didn’t come again!!” Then someone tapped me on the shoulder and it was him! I about jumped out of my chair because I was so happy to see him.

We have been trying to visit a less active ex-bishop and we always have set visits and at the last minute he cancels so we haven’t even met with him! So after being canceled again this last week we were like, “Well lets kind of move on because he's not too interested.” On Sunday, I noticed someone in the back sitting alone and he looked like a tourist. So I went and sat next to him and said, “Hey do you speak Spanish?” He said, “Yeah” and I said, “So what’s your name?” It was the man we have been looking for!  That made me soooooo happy!!! It was him! We will also be visiting him tomorrow.

The Toa Baja zone has had struggles for years to get investigators to church. The standard of excellence is 24 investigators at church because we only have 12 companionships in the zone. This Sunday we had 26 investigators in church!!! We are super happy and grateful for our missionaries and all the hard work they have put in.

Neil. L Anderson will be coming in a month from now and we are so anxious to see him.  We will have a whole mission meeting the 18th and then the 19th he's coming to the Toa Baja Stake for stake conference. LET’S GOOOOO. haha We are super excited.

I have been trying to do a workout program called Insanity and WOW I am suuuuper out of shape. After five minutes of it I’m sweating and out of breath. haha The mission is the best. If we are obedient and diligent the Lord will always pour out blessings to us. I am sure of it because I've seen it. If we really understand the blessings we can receive through living the Gospel, no challenge will be big enough for us to overcome.
Love you all,

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment