Monday, March 6, 2017

"The most powerful thing we can develop is faith in Jesus Christ"

After an exchange with the AP's... I worked with Elder Wayman in his area. He is also from California and his first name is the same as Dad's...Too funny! 
Hello to my wonderful family and friends!
Thank you for all your love and constant support!  It's crazy the time on the mission is starting to wind down, 6 months… I have completed a Sisters mission. But I need to work on cherishing every moment because the mission is something so precious to me. There is no more important duty in the world besides preaching the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

We have been striving to find families week after week after week and I was wondering why on the world we couldn’t find them. We did a follow up on a contact that I had made in an exchange and they turned out to be amazing! We shared with them and we only had like 15 min to teach. We taught about Jesus Christ, our role as missionaries, and about their past.  The Spirit was ever so present and they cried several times.  Later the next day we went back there… and yesterday we went back and no one answered. I felt really disappointed and was wondering, why is this happening...

After that, I went on an exchange with one of the Assistants and it was a super good learning experience. He told me not to give up and we talked about the importance of developing faith. As we studied in chapter six of Preach my Gospel, something caught our attention "When you have faith in Jesus Christ, you trust the Lord enough to follow His commandments—even when you do not completely understand the reasons for them. You accomplish what the Lord wants you to accomplish. You help bring about good in your own life and the lives of others. You are able to do miracles according to the Lord’s will. Your faith will be manifest through diligence and work." 

As I read that as we have faith in Christ, we will accomplish what he wants us to accomplish, the Spirit enlightened me and helped me gain a testimony of this truth. The most powerful thing we can develop is faith in Jesus Christ...Miracles will occur... I love you all and hope you have a wonderful weeek:) les quiero

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment