Monday, July 24, 2017

He's In the Small Details

After lunch on Sunday!
Kanepa... my Favorite fruit in PR!
Hello to my wonderful families and friends!
Another week has passed and transfers have came and the verdict is........I'm finishing my mission here in Guaynabo!! It will be my 3rd transfer with Elder Gonzalez! I love him and am grateful for him and that he has to put up with me for almost 5 months of his life! This week was rough on finding new investigators, but ones we have found earlier are starting to progress. Recently I have read many letters from missionaries and have heard of all their great miracles and I always just kind of laugh or sigh and wish that could happen here in our area. And it was not util today and that my eyes have been opened and now I realize all the miracles that have indeed happened here in Guaynabo. We have been so blessed!

This week we taught an investigator that is named Gabriel. He is great! We have had difficulties meeting with him, but he did came to church this week! He even walked halfway there! He had a great time and said he learned many new things.  We visited Joseph on Sunday and had a good visit. On Saturday we had planned to visit a lady named Yorlenis with a member. She was there along with her sister, so we taught them both and we invited them to church and we received  the best answers I've ever got! Yorlenis said “yeah! Vamos!” Her sister Virginia also committed to come. They both came and said they had a wonderful experience at church. The sisters at church did a wonderful job meeting and supporting her.  We are so grateful for these miracles. We know the Lord is in the details.

A Dominican family, The Martes, from our ward had us over for lunch after church.  The food was soooo good! Rice, beans, chuletas, amarillos, tostones, aguacate, and salad.  I was in heaven. Loved it. They are a wonderful family. We have 19 new missionaries coming in tomorrow and 17 leaving… so the mission is changing more and more! We are excited and hopeful though:) we planned for transfers for 4 hours on Saturday. It was a very sacred experience. The Smarts are so wonderful and we do love them!

Anyways, I'm so excited that I have so much time left. It'll be a blast. I know we do have a Heavenly Father and He does love us! I know that because He has helped convey His love through me to His children here. I do love them. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior and that this is His church. I love you all. Have a wonderful week!:)


Love, Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment