Monday, April 11, 2016

"Look Unto Me in Every Thought"

Hello Everyone!

How true is this statement? I love it. If we have this in our minds, we will have clean thoughts, we will serve others, and we will do the will of God. As we look unto Him, He will guide us and never lead us astray. That is one of the beautiful lessons that I learned this week.

Elder Wilcox and I have been working hard… really hard. I have felt more and more confident in my work as a missionary and the natural man came in and my confidence turned into pride. So many appointments fell through this week, more investigators stopped wanting to visit with us, and it was extremely hard on us. At the mid point of the week I was able to reflect on what had been going on. We recognized our weaknesses as missionaries and I recognized mine personally. My heart was torn for the pride that I did have, and I turned to my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know without a doubt that challenges are put in our path so that we can reflect/think about the situation, and overcome the trail with the mercy and grace of our Savior. How beautiful that is that we can repent everyday and change for the better, and feel closer to Our Father in Heaven and our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his perfect example. How can we feel his love and become like him? Follow what he did: Serve, love, share, have faith, be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and endure to the end. If we do, we will have eternal life. What an amazing promise!

This week we have been focused a lot on finding new investigators! It has been hard, but while contacting we said a prayer that we knew we should be there and we pleaded for the Spirit to help guide us to find this person. Just when we thought we had not found anyone, we were walking to a different area and saw a young man and an older woman on their porch.  This was the deciding point to go to the new area or talk with everyone. We decided to talk with everyone and trust in the promise that if we talk with everyone, the Lord will lead us to those who are ready to hear the Gospel. We had a wonderful lesson with the young man and the Spirit was so present! I am so grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ every day!

Love you all!

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment