Monday, February 22, 2016

"Buenas Permisooo..."

The view from an investigators house
Hello Everyone! 

feel like I have said that (Buenas Permisoo) a million times this week to get people to come out of their house to talk to us. I love it. Thank you for all your constant love care support and prayers. Wow… I have felt the prayers so strongly this week. We have been so blessed with new investigators, and my Spanish skills have grown so much and for that I know the gift of tongues is real. I woke up the other morning and my companion said “man, you were totally talking Spanish out loud during your dream”. It is pretty crazy… so thank you guys for the prayers. We contacted a lot this week and it was another full week of learning. I have really come to know how teaching according to the people’s needs is the only way to help them progress. As we look to the Savior and His teachings, He always taught to the needs and to the understanding of the people He was teaching.  It really is amazing. Share what you know to be true you never know your best friend or neighbor could be ready to listen and accept the Gospel Of Jesus Christ into their lives.

Shelter from the rain! It was a crazy rain storm!
I was able to reflect a lot on how much I have learned on my mission when I was asked to talk in District meetings about experiences with the Spirit. I learned and testified that if we do three things we will find people, feel the Spirit, and see miracles here on our mission and even in daily lives!

1.Trust in the Power Of God
2. Talk with everyone
3. Do everything we can  

We will feel the Spirit and find people prepared to hear the gospel.  I know this is so true. As we share the light and truth that we have, our testimonies will be strengthened and we will be happy. I promise you all that. I testify that God is our father, we are literally His children and His love for us is perfect.

Me and Carlos. I love him!
We were contacting way up in the mountains? We contacted a house and nobody answered and we walked all the way down the street and we turned around and a truck pulled in and were thinking should we walk all the way back.  I was like “Lets just do it!” We went back and talked to him and then taught him and his wife the Restoration, it was so powerful.  It was such a miracle and a testimony to me that God loves His children. That He would send us there at that exact moment to share eternal truths with them that will change their loves forever. As we share the Restoration almost daily I have gained such a strong testimony of the truthfulness of it. I know the first vision happened and I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His son Jesus Christ and that through him Jesus Christ restored his true church back to the earth.  I love these people with all my heart. I love Puerto Rico. I couldn’t be more blessed and happy. Serve others and everything will work out

Much Love,

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment