Monday, February 29, 2016

"We are all missionaries"


Having fun!
Chef Waidmann 
Hello Everyone!

I don’t know how many times I have heard that, I was able to see really how true that "Every member a missionary" is! Thank you all for all the wonderful love and support. I am so grateful for everything! Life is so beautiful. So last week we were contacting an area and a lady said behind her door ''No, I don't believe 'Mormon'." (or something like that) and we were like… “what?” Haha.  So we continued to contact and didn't find anyone else that day. So we got a call last Saturday from a member who lives over there and he told us to go with him to meet someone.  He had an appointment to go talk to them on Sunday.  We thought that was pretty sweet. So we drive up to the house and BAM… its the house that denied us earlier that week and were like “no way!”.  So it  turns out this member out of the kindness of his heart helped this family out with their car and after talked to them about the church.   The woman said that she thought that "Mormon's" did not believe in Jesus Christ... which is not true.  We taught here that our name is the Church ofJesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and that we indeed believe in Jesus Christ.  We had another great visit and they are interested in learning more and being baptized.  

Members really are missionaries and it was a such a testimony to me that anyone can help in this great cause. All we have to do is open our mouth and share the gospel!   The worst thing that they can do is say no and the best thing they can do is come unto Christ… so open your mouth.  

We had zone conference and the Mission presidents wife talked about the power of hymns.  It was so amazing because we realized the hymns teach us and bring the spirit so strong.  After being retaught this, me and my companion sang to our investigator and after she was crying and the Holy Spirit was unforgettably strong. She has committed to baptism as well. I am so grateful for all the simple truths of this gospel.  Every time I share them, the Spirit witnesses to me they are true. God is our Father, and he gave His perfect son for us so that we might live with Him again. Oh what joy this sentence gives… I know that my Redeemer Lives. Smile as much as you can and pray often, and you will be happy! I send love from Puerto Rico!
Les Quiero,

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment