Monday, March 7, 2016

"I felt a love I have never felt before"


Puerto Rico life in the Ponce letters
Elder Fox, Elder Wilcox and me
Hello Everyone!

"Chaaachooocha" ...  that is the word of the week, that means, “mannnnnn”! Ha. We went to a lesson with a young couple from the church and they were laughing so hard because me and my companion say it so much they are like “these gringos are Boricua” (Puerto Rican).  I love Puerto Rico. I have found out that I am not being transferred! Yay! I am so happy. I love Ponce, even though it is hot everyday and I drench all of my shirts in sweat.  The people here are wonderful and I am grateful to serve here for at least another 6 weeks. Elder Wilcox is still my companion and we are excited. He is now the Big Disctict Leader and he in nervous, but he will do so good! Elder Fox is getting transferred, so it is sad. It will be weird because he has been in the same house with me for like 5 months! I am grateful for him and all that he has taught me. I am truly a better missionary because of him!

Picture of our district
This week was a fun and super successful week. We have a family investigating the church and they are the most positive people I know. This is the family we found a few weeks ago after we had knocked the door and we walked all the way down the street and a man pulled up in a car so we walked all the way back. We have taught them a lot now and they came to church! It was so wonderful, and it was the first time they have brought their kids to a church! Man seeing their smiling faces, brings the greatest joy. I imagine that is how our Heavenly Father feels about us when we find truth and make good decisions in our lives! I was in a lesson and just observing what was going on while my companion was teaching and it hit me how much I love helping bring others unto Christ. When people receive the gospel and understand… something changes inside them. You see it in their eyes and in their smile and in their testimony. I know with all my heart that this is the true church and doctrine of God, because anyone can change, oh how wonderful it is.
Puerto Rico is beautiful!
The wife offered the closing prayer and pleaded her heart out to God, to receive health for her, and her family and to know if these things are true. Tears filled her eyes and the Spirit was so powerful. I was pondering on what had happened and I felt a love that I have never had before….A love that God could only have for his children. I know God gives that love so we can help His children feel it here as we bring it into their house everyday. God loves his children, He knows them by name, and He will never leave them comfortless. I know that through the Spirit we can always be comforted. I love you all!

Love, Elder Waidmann


La guancha with Elder Fox
La guancha last preparation day
Abasail and Jessie. I love them!
Ponce letters
Yo soy boriqua pa que tu lo sepa



No comments:

Post a Comment