Monday, May 16, 2016

"Thank you"

At Carlos' Baptism
Hello Everyone!

“Thank you” … Those are the two words that our convert said to me after his baptism. This week was so wonderful and when we are working hard, the weeks go by so fast. We are already in week 5 of this transfer. It is crazy. We had zone conference on Wednesday and it was so good to learn from our leaders and other missionaries on how we can be better servants of the Lord.

Yesterday Carlos got baptized. How special of experience it was to see another child of God find his way back home and come up out of the water a new person. As my companion was about to baptism him, the Spirit was so present and testified to me, that Carlos had entered the path into eternal life. How beautiful that moment was. After the service was over he came up to me, had his hand on my shoulder and looked into my eyes and said "Thank you". Tears came to my eyes, because in that moment I could see Carlos' spirit glowing. I don’t know how to describe it, but he had changed. I will forever cherish that moment.

These last few days I have been pondering a lot about our Savior, Jesus Christ and what He has done for us. I was watching the bible videos from the church and the was an extra message called "Because OfHim" ... As I watched it, the spirit filled my soul, and I felt the love of my Heavenly Father testify to me that His son is Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. I know He lives.  I know God loves us, there is evidence all around us. All we have to do is look.


Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment