Monday, May 23, 2016

"The Light of Christ"

Hello Everyone!

This week was another week of miracles, hard work, and tender mercies. Today marks 8 months since I left home. It has gone by so fast. The mission is the best. Carlos was confirmed a member of the church yesterday and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. A member of the ward gave him a beautiful blessing and he promised Carlos that one day he would be able to baptize his children. That brought so much joy to my heart knowing that one day he would be able to help his children enter into the path of eternal life too. The spirit was so strong and these moments in my mission I will cherish forever. 

We are all born with the Light of Christ. All things good and that are true come from God and Jesus Christ.  As people begin to find and act on these truths, they grow spiritually, brightening and strengthening the light they have....Carlos was glowing on Sunday.  It is something so indescribable, he was smiling from ear to ear and you could literally see the light in his eyes. How grateful I am to be able to see the hand of God and the Atonement of Christ work with someone so closely. 

Our progressing investigator, Vicente came to church and had such a good time. He is actively reading the scriptures, marking it, and is so happy.  He is not interested in baptism at this point, but believes in God! We will keep loving him and praying for him. He is a wonderful man.  I know the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the Word of God. I know it. I have seen so many lives changed from just reading the scriptures and praying about it. Its true, it has power and it touches the soul. The Book of Mormon is really another testament of Our Savior, Jesus Christ. I have come to love God more than I ever have and I feel so close to Him. I know my Savior, Jesus Christ lives.  If you find Him, you will have everlasting happiness.

Love you all!

Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment