Monday, May 2, 2016

"God knows what we need"


7 months
Hello Everyone!

Wow! I love how on the mission you can never stop learning. Every new week is a start to a new lesson you need to learn. It was really has to not see our investigator because he dropped us earlier in the week.  It was super sad.  I have pondered and prayed and I know he will be baptized one day. It is so important that we follow the will of the Father, not the will of ourselves. God is perfect and knows what we need.

I am so grateful for this wonderful week so much has happened. Last Monday night we went to an appointment and the person was not there, so we prayed to know where we should go to contact. We felt we should go to the end of a street and the second house we contacted the guy came right out and asked us right away when we could come back. We were really shocked, but he told us his niece has been going through a rough time in Florida and she prayed to know if God was real and to show her a sign if he was and the next day the missionaries showed up at her house. Then, the next day we showed up at his. We taught him later that week and we will go visit him tomorrow and try to teach his family too. Such a miracle.

Me and my companion, Elder Hernias
Another night we were walking past a bar to an appointment and I saw this young guy sitting down drinking and he looked completely depressed and I had such a strong impression to talk to him, but I sadly ignored it and as I turned around, he called us over and we had one of the most spiritual contacts I have had on my mission. He was shaking and to the point of crying and told us what has been going on in his life. His wife left him and he has been suffering without his family and he told us that the beer is not strong enough for this pain.  We testified of the healing power of the atonement and we will visit him this week. I was so sad that I ignored the spirit and it had me down for a few days that I didn’t. We need to follow the promptings of the Spirit always! The Lord is preparing people, and all we have to do is magnify our calling as missionaries and be diligent and we will find them!

Love,

Elder Waidmann
Flag bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment